Libero 6, from Knosys, is excited to announce the release of its new Member Portal for libraries. The new portal has a number of new enhancements that improve member interaction and experience with your library’s resources, services, and offerings.
Libero 6 Member Portal enhancements
1. User-friendly and intuitive platform: A seamless experience with items borrowed from the library and from e-book providers. Members can access their borrowing history, reserve history and the reviews or ratings they have submitted over time from their preferred device.
2. Convenient self-service: Members can easily manage their accounts, including checking their borrowed items, renewing loans, placing holds, requesting new items to be purchased, placing interlibrary loan requests, and viewing fines, all from the comfort of their own devices. This reduces the need for in-person visits and empowers members to take control of their interactions with the library.
3. 24/7 access: The Member Portal extends access beyond the library’s operating hours, enabling members to engage with the library’s catalogue, digital resources, and services at any time, from anywhere with an internet connection. With mobile devices in mind, the Member Portal guarantees a consistently smooth user experience with a wide range of devices and screen dimensions using a responsive design. Member users on smartphones and tablets will enjoy an optimised interface enhancing the overall experience.
4. Accessibility: Full compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level A and AA, ensures that the Member Portal meets rigorous accessibility standards for a diverse user base. The Member Portal provides easy access and accommodates individuals who rely on screen readers and other accessibility tools.
5. Communication and notifications: Members can see a summary of their important notifications immediately on the portal home page. Direct access to receive important updates, view notifications about upcoming due dates, and alerts about new holds to collect or special events through the portal, ensuring they stay informed and connected.
6. Resource discovery: The portal’s new title notification features enable members to easily select their preferred interests and stay informed of the library’s new offerings, enhancing the discovery of relevant materials and promoting active engagement with the library’s collection.
7. Reduced administration: The portal automates routine tasks such as member re-registration, contact preference updates, password resets, loan renewals, and informs members on the status of requests for purchase or interlibrary loans, reducing administrative workload for library staff and allowing them to focus on other activities.
8. Empowerment and independence: By offering a self-service platform, the Member Portal empowers members to manage their library accounts, passwords, and experience independently, contributing to a sense of ownership and satisfaction. Members can have complete access to their history and account details through the My Account page. The member code displays as a barcode and can be used to replace the member’s physical card for library visits.
9. Paperless transactions: functionality such as online membership forms, updating contact details, barcodes and notifications can result in streamlined processes, cost savings, improved sustainability, and better member experiences.
Summary of the functionality in the new Libero 6 Member Portal
|Loans – current loans, renewals, loan history and eResource loans
|Reservations and holds.
|Library messages and notes
|Interlibrary loan requests, purchase requests, stack requests and reading room requests.
|Reviews and ratings.
|New title notifications
|Fines and charges.
|Current loans and holds with eLibrary resources
|Your account, contact details, preferences
|A barcode that can be used to replace the physical card.
With an unwavering commitment to excellence, the Knosys Libero team possesses the expertise needed to transform and elevate the user experience for both members and library management. We understand that great user experience lies at the heart of every successful interaction to improve productivity and efficiencies, reduce frustration, and contribute to the success of library management.
*Libero 6 is the current version of Libero
Contact our team today to learn more or book a demo.